Monday, July 20, 2009

Special

Had an interview today for the mentally challenged family and I got the job! I was super nervous but after about 10 minutes of talking with the mom she said she just knew I was gonna work out. It was such a non interview interview. She was really laid back and gave me a tour of the house. I told her I know I'm young and don't have a lot of this specific type of experience but that I was excited for the opportunity and that I want to learn absolutely everything I can about it. The best part is I meant it, there was no bs there at all.
We had a pretty good weekend overall. Friday we were at the apartment all day. Tim played WoW while I read, watched TV, or cleaned. We ended up arguing about how much he was playing because I got really irritated. I just get so bored here and theres nothing to do. Why bother being here if hes just going to ignore me? I know he always feels really bad for it though, which then makes me feel guilty. We resolved it enough I guess. I told him I don't like feeling like a nag and he said he'll try harder not to play for longer than 4 hours at a time. Keep in mind, I didn't get mad Friday until he played for 6 hours.
Friday night we went over to Anna's house for a little get together. I thought it was gonna suck but I didn't have too bad a time. I drank a little, just enough to get to the happy drunk point. I felt bad for Tim though because I know its weird not really knowing anyone. When we go to parties like that he gets really quiet and sticks with the people he knows but I like to talk to everyone. I socialize more when we don't know people, lol, and Tim is way better at the parties that are at his place. I like both.
Saturday I went over to Jamie's around 1 and we made cookies! It was so much fun! We got to gossip and Chris and Tim and it was really nice. There were no boys, no distractions, just cookies and cigarette breaks. We made a batch of regular sugar cookies and also some cinnamon ones that were amazing. Also, I made the frosting from scratch. I love the recipe I use cause its really simple, only 4 ingredients, and dries really smooth and shiny. I chose to use a bunch of neon colors so they were incredibly bright and vibrant. I loved it.
I didn't get home until about 9 which was way later than I had been planning on. Poor Tim! He was home alone all day and so bored. He kept texting me saying he missed me and being really sweet. He's so adorable, he doesn't even know! When I finially did get home we drove all the way to Cartersville for Kevin Sullivan's girlfriends birthday party. We stayed about long enough to eat and then came back here. We ended up going to hang out with Bob for a bit and then finally coming home. Tim didn't care what we did that night just as long as it got him out of the apartment!
Sunday Tim and I went swimming with Connie and Justin. It was really nice. Connie and I layed out and read magazines while Justin and Tim swam and then we all sat out and then Tim and I got in. The water was cold! It almost wasn't hot enough outside to make the cold water worth the freeze. The weather today and this past week has just been gorgeous. Were really lucky cause theres a natural breeze so its comfy to sit on the porch.
After swimming Tim and I went to his parents house for dinner. He was gonna (finally!) make me his amazing chicken nuggets for dinner but his parents called saying they tried out a new recipe for dinner, made too much, and wanted to know if we wanted to eat. Heck yes we did! It was chicken breast stuffed with sour cream and spinach and then wrapped in bacon. It was pretty good but personally I'm not a fan of spinach once its been cooked. I much prefer baby spinach cause it has an entirely different taste. It was well worth it though.
Today has been pretty good. I started a load of laundry before my interview and when I was emptying pockets from shorts and pants I found $5 in my jeans!

And that's how I knew today would be special.

No comments:

Post a Comment