Sunday, July 12, 2009

Kentucky

Tim and I had an amazing trip to Kentucky! It was so much fun, I seriously love his family. His Grandmother and Grandfather could not be sweeter. We drove Tim's cousin Haylee back with us on Friday. Its only a 4 hour drive so its not too bad. At first Haylee was really shy but by about halfway through she opened up. Man, that kid can talk!
After we dropped Haylee off we headed to his grandparents house expecting to see them and say goodnight, then go smoke. When we got there though his grandmother was wide awake and we ended up talking with her for 3 hours. I guess talking a lot runs in the family!
Satuday morning we got up before 8 and went to breakfast with his grandfather. It was a really cute, small place and the food was really good. I got eggs and even though I normally dont like them I ended up eating all of them! It was great. After breakfast we drove around town for a few hours with his grand dad just showing us houses he used to own and the schools his kids went to and his old businesses. I loved it.
That afternoon Tim and I hung around the house until about 8:30 when we went to Val and Kevins for some fireworks. Apparently it rained on the 4th so they didnt get to use really any of the fireworks until last night. We loved it. There were so many! Tim got to launch a whole bunch which I think made him happy.
Last night we smoked a lot and hung out watching a movie before we went to sleep. Then this morning we got up early (duh) again for breakfast with both his grandparents. His grandmother was feeling guilty cause we didnt get to see a whole lot of her but we didnt mind. We had a good trip so we definitely werent complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment